People can see what is at their front while driving, but what about the back? There are reasons why significance to the installation of back up cameras is being stressed upon.
When driving a big vehicle like a bus or a truck, you may face some problem or difficulty while reversing it. It is because you are not able to see the back of the vehicle. This means you may reverse in the wrong position. This also adds to the fact that you can damage any other person’s car or your own. Such incidents take place mostly in parking areas and driveways. If you want to save yourself from these mishaps, it is better to install wireless backup cameras in your vehicles, no matter big or small.
What is included in the kit of the camera?
Following items are present in the kit for installation:
For the rearview camera of the car, one may need the wireless RCA video transmitter and receiver kit. This is used in the in-car monitor, head unit, etc. that provide restriction to any kind of complicated wiring. 2370MHz is the frequency to be kept. RCA jack and a video composite signal of PAL or NTSC are also part of the kit. The distance must be 50m.
Steps for installation:
Most of the kits contain an installation guide but still go through these steps for clear understanding:
- Above the license plate, there is a lamp housing. You have to dismantle that. Do not mess with the connection cable. This is where the camera is to be fixed as it is the most suitable and convenient location.
- The cable of the license plate must be removed. The corresponding cable of the wireless backup camera is connected to the video cable of the transmitter system. One can face serious injury of one mixes the positive and negative wires. Excessive wiring must be preferred, but in order to avoid the splicing of wires, Scotland lock must be used.
- There must be no hindrance in the transmission of signals; therefore, a strategy must be followed to place the transmitter. Shirt circuits may damage your system completely, so the connection must be perfect.
- Different places like lighter or socket send power to the monitor once it is connected to the power supply. Leakage can be recognized through power tester. This can help the battery from draining if you do not use the wireless camera.
- Perform tests after completing the process of installation to confirm that the camera is functioning properly. The position of the camera must be effective.
This is not enough. Basic security tips must be followed, as well. Cable and the battery terminal must not come in touch with each other. Battery cable must be disconnected from the battery. Another important point is the size of the cable.
There are various other important measures to be taken if you install the backup camera, which holds significance itself.